Check-list for Shipping Rugs: Please follow these instructions carefully for shipping your rug in advance for the exhibit…Pre-register your rug(s), designating that you want to ship your rug(s).
1. Pre-register your rug(s) for the exhibit by completing the online Rug Exhibit Registration form.
2. Specify on Rug Exhibit Registration form that you plan to ship your rug(s) for the show.
3. Complete the Advance Shipping form and include a copy of the form with your shipment.
4. Prepare your rug(s) for shipment. Use a strong, sturdy shipping box or tube (preferably a new container). If you want your rugs return shipped to you, the box you use must be able to be reused for return shipment. Include a completed copy of the Advance Shipping form in the box.
5. Do not use packing peanuts or shredded paper as additional packaging material. Bubble wrap is fine. Packing materials must be easily reused for return shipment.
6. Ship your package to... Attn: Rug Hooking Show, Sauder Village, 22611 State Route 2, Archbold, OH 43502.
7. Packages can only be accepted at the above address arriving on Monday, August 7 through Friday, August 11, 2017. Rugs will be stored unopened until Sunday, August 13, 2017, when they will be opened and prepared by experienced rug handlers for check-in.Please check with the shipper to ensure your package will arrive by the latest Friday, August 11, 2017.
8. Packages must be shipped pre-paid, including appropriate insurance coverage and delivery or signature confirmation (recommended).
9. It is ideal if you or someone you have designated can pick up your rug(s) after the close of the exhibit on Saturday, August 19, 2017 starting at 5:30 pm. If your rug will be picked up after the show, you must note on the form who will be picking up your rug(s).
10. If rug(s) are to be shipped back to you, the following return shipping instructionsmust be carefully followed:
- UPS is the preferred return-shipping carrier. Contact UPS at 800-PICK-UPS (800-742-5877). If UPS is absolutely not an option for you, please contact our shipping coordinator, Debbi Russell at email@example.com or at 419-446-2541 ext. 3089 in advance to discuss alternatives, including FedEx Express or the US Postal Service.
- A prepaid UPS return shipping label (we suggest including insurance coverage and delivery or signature confirmation) must be sent with your rug when you ship it to us. A 3rd party shipping account number referenced on the return-shipping label is also an option.
- Please do not submit cash, a check, or your credit card number for return shipping. Instead, you must submit a pre-paid shipping label in order to have your rug returned to you.
- The packaging (box or tube) that you used to send your rug(s) to us in must be reusable to return ship the rug(s) back in, which is why it’s so important to use a new, strong and sturdy container.
- No CODs. It is not an option to supply a credit card number for return shipment.
- For Canadian and other International shipments, please confirm with the carrier what documents need to be sent to us with your rug(s) for return shipment to you. These documents will likely include a Customs Declaration or International Waybill, three copies of a commercial invoice declaring the value and origin of the rug(s), and the appropriate wording to include on the exterior of the container to ensure the item is returned to you duty free and will clear Customs quickly (i.e. "Art item made in Canada, returning to Canada designer/owner").
11. All shipping costs are the responsibility of the rug owner and not Sauder Village.
Click here to view and print the form to include with your shipment.