A maximum of three quilts per exhibitor may be entered in the exhibition. Due to space considerations, registration forms will be accepted until 4:00 pm, Thursday, April 6, 2017, or until our limit is reached. All quilts must be pre-registered for the Quilt Show (You can also complete and submit your registration form online) and adhere to the following exhibit guidelines:
All entries must...
Consist of three layers; two layers of cloth filled with “batting” material and held together by a stitched design, with stitching being distributed throughout the work.
- Never have been shown in previous Quilt Shows at Sauder Village.
- Include significant piecing and/or appliqué which affects the overall design if preprinted panels are included in the quilt top.
- Be quilted, either by hand or machine or both, in a process separate from the construction process. ★ Quilting is defined as a running stitch through the top, batting & backing.
- May be embellished with material other than cloth.
- Fit the size requirements and definitions of the selected category. Please look carefully at the category definitions and sizes before registering.
- Rag quilts, tied quilts, quilts with false backs, and quilts with comforter loft batting are not eligible for entry into this show.
- Remain in the exhibit for the entire show until pickup of quilts on Sunday, May 7 at 4:30 pm.
- In order to qualify for the judging competition, the quilt exhibitor must have had some part in the making of the quilt (either constructing the quilt top, quilting or both). Purchased quilts, inherited quilts and quilts received as gifts may be entered for exhibit only but will not be judged. Also, any quilt maker who, for any reason, would prefer to enter his/her quilt "for exhibit only" is welcome to do so. "For exhibit only" and judged quilts will be hung together by category and the same entry guidelines will apply equally to both. On your registration form, please be sure to indicate whether each quilt is to be entered into the judging competition or as "for exhibit only."
- You no longer need to complete a Quilt Exhibit Tag. Sauder Village will be attaching printed tags on each quilt as you check them in with the information you provide on your Quilt Registration Form(s). If you are registering your Quilts online, please submit a separate form for each quilt (up to 3.) Please make sure your quilt is labelled with your name and phone number on the back of the quilt. Quilt hanging sleeves are not required.
- Quilt artists who have traveled nationally to teach and have published books or patterns must register in the “Masters Showcase” category. The exhibit director will personally contact all Masters artists who have registered to discuss arrangements for this special display.
- The Masters Showcase and Youth category and all special exhibits are for exhibit only and will not be judged.
Note: Written judging evaluations are not provided for this show.
★ The starred items do not apply to the Art / Innovative Quilts category.