The Annual Rug Hooking Week Retreats are held in the beautiful Sauder Heritage Inn, the ideal setting for these special classes where you will be inspired, expand your knowledge and enrich your skills. An easy walk from the retreat site allows you to enjoy Historic Sauder Village, the Rug Exhibit and Vendors in Founder's Hall, the Barn Restaurant, the Doughbox Bakery and the Sauder Store & Outlet during your stay.
Retreats & Instructors for this year’s Annual Rug Hooking Week Retreat include...
Once again we welcome very accomplished and highly respected rug hooking instructors for the Retreats. Enjoy multiple days of rug hooking study with a select instructor. You will work with your instructor in advance to prepare for class and plan your project. See the following for information on each instructor. Register early, as these classes fill quickly!
Your Retreat Package includes...
- Multiple days of rug hooking study with a select instructor..
- Opening reception, including a meal on Monday evening after check-in.
- Private preview of the Rug Exhibit before the show opens to the public.
- Early Shopping with rug vendors during the Private Preview.
- Daily door prizes.
- "Show & Tell" to share your project with others in the Retreat.
- "Hook In" on Friday night is a great opportunity to meet other attendees and hook into the night.
- Complimentary admission into the Rug Exhibit and entire Historic Village through Friday, allowing you the flexibility after class or during a break to see the show or do some shopping. Admission on Saturday into the Exhibit, Vendors, and Historic Village will require the purchase of an admission ticket, unless you have a rug on display in the exhibit, or are a Sauder Village Member.
- You may also want to consider becoming a Sauder Village Member, which provides unlimited admission during Rug Hooking Week and all season, while helping to support the mission and programming of Sauder Village.
- Cancellation Policy... Student retreat and workshop reservations are NOT TRANSFERABLE, all cancellations and registrations must be administered by Sauder Village. Cancellation prior to July 5, 2017 will receive a refund of your fees paid minus a 10% processing fee. If classes do not meet the minimum number of students by July 31, 2017, we may be forced to cancel the class and all fees will be refunded.
- Questions? Call 800.590.9755 or email email@example.com.
The Retreat Instruction fee is:
4 Days: $350.00 per student ($330.00 for Sauder Village members), payable with your registration.
3 Day: $300.00 per student ($280.00 for Sauder Village members), payable with your registration.
All Retreats require at least basic rug hooking knowledge and experience (see each retreat description for its “level”). If you have never tried rug hooking, we offer several workshops that require no prior rug hooking experience or knowledge.
Registration began on November 16, 2016 at 12 p.m. EST
Follow this link to: Retreat Registration for Rug Hooking Week 2017
Questions? Call or email 800.590.9755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skill Level - A “minimum” of basic rug hooking skills and knowledge is required in order to register for all retreats, some require additional skills. If you have never hooked or don’t have basic skills, we suggest our Basic Rug Hooking for Beginners class (Thursday) or any of the workshops which don’t require prior experience. Note the “Level” in each class description.
Contact from Teachers - Retreat teachers “will” contact registered students by February 1st (and any students who register after that date) regarding class projects and details.
Invitation – All retreat students are invited to attend the Monday night Meet Your Teacher “Reception & Meal” plus the Tuesday night “Private Preview” of the exhibit and vendors (see schedule). Both events are complementary with retreat registration.
Cancellation Policy - Student retreat and workshop reservations are NOT TRANSFERABLE, all cancellations and registrations must be administered by Sauder Village. Cancellation prior to June 30, 2017 will receive a refund of your fees paid minus a 10% processing fee. If classes do not meet the minimum number of students by July 31, 2017, we may be forced to cancel the class and all fees will be refunded.