Family Itinerary: Day One
10 am–12:30 pm: Visit Historic Sauder Village. Suggestions for your morning visit:
- Take a ride on the Erie Express Train — a great way to get an overview of all we have to offer!
- Visit Little Pioneers Homestead to “play pioneer” (families with preschool-aged children).
- Say hello to the animals in our barnyard area.
- Pick a craft shop to explore pottery, glass, spinning or broom making — your kids will love watching a craftsman at work!
12:30–1:30 pm: Lunch at the Village Café or Barn Restaurant. (Note: Free lunch for children ages 4 and under at Barn Restaurant and kid-friendly prices for ages 5 and up!)
1:30–5 pm: Continue Historic Village visit. Favorite family activities:
- Slide into a desk at the District 16 School.
- Visit the wigwams at Native & Newcomers.
- Take a “cellfie” in the jail with your kids!
- Help churn butter, wash clothes and shell beans. Hands-on activities vary by day and season, so be sure to check the Daily Sheet so you don’t miss these fun opportunities.
- Enjoy a sweet treat like rock candy from the General Store or delicious ice cream while relaxing on a bench on the Village Green.
Family Itinerary: Day Two
Why not extend your stay with a two-day (or more) getaway! Stay overnight at our Sauder Heritage Inn or Sauder Village Campground. Consider our Country Getaway Package (includes admission tickets, meal gift certificate and overnight stay). Enjoy our game room, hot tub and indoor pool throughout the evening!
9 am: Enjoy breakfast under our Great Oak Tree and spend time relaxing in our atrium area – swimming, playing games and just relaxing.
Noon: Eat lunch at the Barn Restaurant, Village Café or a restaurant in nearby Archbold.
1 pm: Head to Historic Village for another day of fun experiencing Ohio’s historic past. Or, check out some other great area attractions like the Dum-Dum Factory Tour in nearby Bryan, the Toledo Zoo, Imagination Station or take a nature walk at Goll Woods State Nature Preserve.