Senior Itinerary: Day One
Explore what you’re most interested in, at your own pace! It’s not a guided tour, so you can choose the historic buildings you’d most enjoy, spend as much time as you’d like with our working craftsmen or just take time to sit on a bench and relax on the Village Green. It’s your day away — make it special!
10 am–12:30 pm: Visit Historic Village ($2 admission discount for seniors!)
- Start your morning with a “walk through time." Take a leisurely walk back to our Natives & Newcomers area, travel down the path to Pioneer Settlement and then end up at our Grime Homestead, all before heading to lunch!
12:30–1:30 pm: Lunch at Barn Restaurant
- Enjoy traditional, home-style dining while you relax under the beautiful, hand-hewn timbers of a historic barn!
1:30–4:30 pm: Visit Historic Sauder Village
- Spend your afternoon exploring the many shops on our Village Green (plenty of places to sit and relax too)!
- Enjoy a relaxing ride on the horse-drawn buggy.
- Be sure to visit some of your favorite craftsmen.
- Take time to explore our air-conditioned Museum Building — a treasure chest of Americana!
NOTICE: Museum Building is currently closed due to flooding this summer.
Senior Itinerary: Day Two
Make plans to extend your stay with a two-day (or more) getaway! Stay overnight at our Sauder Heritage Inn or Sauder Village Campground. Consider our Country Getaway Package (includes admission tickets, meal gift certificate and overnight stay). Relax in our hot tub and enjoy reading a book or playing a game together at one of the many gathering spots throughout the Inn.
9 am: Enjoy breakfast under our Great Oak Tree and spend time in our atrium area – swimming, playing games or just relaxing together. Check out the great exercise room or take a walk around Little Lake Erie.
11 am: Take a drive to the nearby Lockport Covered Bridge. Love nature? Take a walk through Goll Woods State Nature Preserve too (just remember the bug spray!).
Noon: Return to Sauder Village to enjoy lunch at the Barn Restaurant or Village Café. Or, head to nearby Archbold to enjoy a meal at another local restaurant.
1– 5 pm: Head back to the Historic Village for another afternoon of fun experiencing Ohio’s historic past! Be sure to allow plenty of time for shopping at our Lauber’s General Store, Gift Shop, Quilt Shop and the Sauder Store & Outlet. Looking for other options? Consider visiting some local antique shops, wineries or other local attractions.