Little Pioneers Homestead is a place for our youngest guests to “have a blast in the past” while exploring a cabin, barn and garden. Don’t forget your camera to capture special memories of your children or grandkids “playing pioneer."
Mary Ann’s Cabin: This adorable log cabin is stocked with child-sized furniture, dishes, pretend food and fireplace, toys and games. Some fun activities:
- “Cook" up a meal in the kitchen with pretend food and fireplace.
- Play with old-fashioned games or read a story.
- Do the wash on a scrub board.
- Try out the child-sized rope bed.
Miller Barn & Garden: While exploring the Miller Barn, children can learn about a self-sustaining farm of the 19th century as they "milk a cow" and play with the interactive exhibits that teach about farm animals.
- Milk our replica Holstein cow.
- Plant and pick flowers and vegetables (depending on the season).
- Help gather eggs.
- Learn about horseshoeing.
- Learn about animal care.
- Play on the child-sized farm wagon.